Thanks to the committee for asking me to judge and also to my ring steward Sue.
It’s been 18mths since I last judged this breed, size was a little variable. Obviously having mixed classes always throws its challenges, but after assessing the dogs that were present males were slightly oversized and the females just a tad under. The larger dogs seemed to be longer cast in back and loosing toplines. Many of the noses had tight but not pinched nostrils, though breathing seemed unaffected. Tails were present but I would have expected them to be 1 or 2 vertebrate longer. With that said overall movement was sound, even on the wet uneven sand, eyes were clear, dark with very little wetness and heads pretty clean all-round with no unnecessary wrinkling.
1. Muggshotts Glitterati, 6mth double hooded Brindle pied bitch. Pleasing proportions for age, enough bone for sex with ok pasterns to small feet. Very clean outline with good length of neck flowing to correctly roached topline. Well-muscled thighs moving soundly and with ease walking her width. Enough chest for age and of correct substance for frame. Clean head of good pigment with ok nose and enough width of muzzle, well rounded cheeks, clear eyes. Correct ears of set and shape. Happy to award her BP & PG3.
2. Monascreebe Biding My Time, masculine brindle male. Superior head qualities, skull of good size, flat between the ears and well-rounded cheeks. Good turn, fit and width of jaw. Clear dark eye correct ear set giving appealing expression. Moved sound with enough width at rear.
3. Corursus Under the Ivy
1. Lorrosa Love at First Sight with Brumist, smaller framed brindle bitch, good proportions with correct topline and tuckup. Super dark eye of correct set and shape, enough width to muzzle and ok nose. Ears of correct size and shape for skull. Enough bone for sex and walked her width. Moved with ease covering the ground well, slightly close at rear but of correct angulation. Pushed hard for BOB just needed to be a shade bigger all-round. Glad to award her RBOB.
2. Rosco’s I’m No Angel for Monascreebe, handsome brindle male up to size for age. In good condition and coat. Clean skull with no unnecessary wrinkling, correct ear set, size and shape. Clear dark eye and good width to muzzle, ok nose. Enough bone for sex. Moved well and soundly.
Post Graduate (3,2)
1. Khanin Guardian Angel at Rosco, well-built 2yr old brindle male. Stood alone but could hold his own with competition. Super condition and well-muscled. Thick set body, deep chested with good bone and tidy feet. Large wide skull with clear eyes and well set ears. Moved well.
1. Corursus Life Can Be So Nice J.W ShCM, feminine brindle bitch. Compact and typey. Clean head with enough wrinkle and expression. Round, dark clear eyes. Well-rounded cheeks, enough muzzle and jaw. Good ears in set, size and shape. Good length of neck to correct rise of topline finished with enough tail providing a clean silhouette. Enough bone for sex, sound and correctly moving her width in front and rear. Pleased to award her BOB.
2. Eastonite Maui JW ShCM very appealing handsome dark masked large fawn male. Quality clean head piece that was masculine but not over worked. Well build and thickset body. Enough bone providing a pleasing front. Well cushioned foreface, round cheeks and width of skull throughout. Correct ear set and shape. Super movement, powered round the ring with ease. Pushed hard for RBOB but preferred length of back and topline of Junior class winner.
3. Muggshotts Punk Rocker
Written exclusively by Sara, a proud founder of the LaRoyal name and a seasoned bulldog enthusiast, our blogs are overflowing with an abundance of show wins, captivating ideas, and a plethora of thoughts and feelings. We are thrilled to embark on this journey, sharing our "real-life" dog ownership experiences with you, our valued readers.
In summary ...
We have lived with the breed for nearly 30 years, during this time we were introduced to the 'show scene' and have never looked back! We have been fortunate to win over 25 CC's to date and have been awarded the highest of accolades with home-bred dogs including Best of Breed at Crufts 2013.
Popular pages ...